The open back headphones are a new concept in the world of audio devices which lets you enjoy your work along with the intricacies of music.
The main difference between open back and closed back headphones are the vents on the back of ear cups which allow the passage of sound waves to the speaker from the outside environment. Another advantage of open back headphone is natural audio and less fatigue as compared to the closed back headphones which don’t allow the circulation of free air to the ear.
However, in open type headphones, there is a circulation of air which keeps your ear cool for a long time. The closed back headphones trap heat, and they are not suitable to wear in warm environments. Here, we have compiled a list of best high-quality open back headphones under 200, and the list is made keeping in view the audio, design, quality, compatibility, comfort and of course budget range.
Best Open Back Headphones Under 200
1. AKG K702 – Reference Class Studio Headphones
AKG has a big name when it comes to audio devices, and they offer a wide range of headphones including open back headphones for gaming.
They are designed in such a way as to provide maximum comfort during long working hour sessions. They are available in 3D foam ear-pads, and the genuine leather headband makes sure that they fit perfectly on your ear.
These headphones provide a great balance of quality, design and excellent audio performance. When it comes to the material of these headphones, then they are made with a sophisticated technology with a high-quality leather strap which evenly distributes the weight of headphone.
Another fantastic thing about these headphones is the detachable cable so that you can switch between longer and shorter cables according to your requirements.
- Extremely lightweight with Super Sound Quality
- Open back technology for airy sound
- Made up from durable material
- These headphones are not as sturdy as others in the same price range.
2. Sennheiser PC 373D – 7.1 Surround – Sound Gaming Headset
If you are looking for the best open back gaming headphones under 200, then these headphones are the best choice for you.
Open back headphone are excellent for gaming, and they put a spark to the game because of their design. They are just designed with thickly padded velvet ear pads which provide extra comfort while playing the games.
The open design makes your ears cool along with a clear audio sound. You can do a crystal clear chat with your team member with a perfect noise-canceling microphone.
- Extremely comfortable due to lightweight
- Fantastic design with unparalleled sound quality
- Excellentmic clarity
- The volume should be a bit higher
3. Audio Technica ATH-AD900X – Open Back Audiophile Headphones
Audio Technica is a famous brand having a wide range of open back headphones and close back headphones as well. The 53mm driver can deliver a stress-free and natural sound.
The soft ear pads don’t pressurize your ears, and round shape ear pads comfortably fit every size of ear. The 3D wing support perfectly adjusts the head size of every person because of its sophisticated design.
The only accessories included in this box are 3.5mm to 6.3 converters. These headphones won’t disappoint you because whether you are listening to the acoustic, Jazz, rock or any other sound genre. With an impedance of just 38 ohms, you don’t need to put any external amperes.
- Extremelylightweight with a stylish design
- The headband is easily adjustable
- Wide soundstage for gaming
- Clear and natural sound with a maximum high sound level
- The cable is non-removable
4. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO – Over Ear Studio Headphones
Available in two funky colors these headphones are much airier as compared to the closed back headphones. With the perfect Studio applications, they are ideal for professional mastering editing and mixing of sound.
The software pads excellently support your ears without making you interested for long hours. They have a professional look and variant design when compared with similar items.
The sturdy metal hand band and grill design around ear cups make it a durable headphone under 200. They will give you a smooth musical sound when plugged in with your smartphone.
The Beyerdynamic DT990 are available in 3 different versions such as DT990 (250 ohms), DT990 (32 ohms) and DT990 Pro (250 ohms).
- Great open back headphones in amazing price
- Excellent sound quality for studio use
- Made from sturdy materials
- Comfortably worn for long hours
- The cable is not replaceable and detachable.
5. AKG Pro K612PRO – Audio Black
These are one of the stylish open back headphones under 200. These open back headphones come with advanced technology which offers comfort for long working hours.
There is one downside of this headphone that it has no detachable cable option so if the current cable brakes then headphone will be useless.
When we compare the sound of this headphone with others, we know that its sound quality is much more excellent as compared to other headphones of the same price.
- The headband is auto-adjustable
- Extremely good value with a minimal leakage
- Practically useful headphones with clean sound
- Non detachable cable
6. Sennheiser HD 598 SR – Open Back Headphone
It is one of the best looking open back headphones in our list, and Sennheiser was the first brand that introduced open type headphones into the acoustic world.
It is known for delivering exceptionally natural sound, and it comes with a detachable cable which is 3 m in length. Another fantastic feature of this headphone is that it has a leather headband and comfortable ear pads which provide extra comfort during the long working sessions.
These are stylish looking headphones having an impedance of 50 ohms, and it can produce a frequency response of 12Hz – 38500Hz.
The best thing about this headphone is that it is compatible with every sound device such as tablets computers phone and stereo components.
- Great Sound quality with premium materials
- Highly affordable with a great looks
- Highly portable and comfortable to wear.
- Everyone may not like this color scheme.
- The long cord is not easy to handle.
7. Samson SR850 Semi – OpenBack Studio Reference Headphones
If you want a budget headphone, then it is perfect for you because it’s reasonable and a good quality product available at such a low price. With a dual metal band design, they are surprisingly lightweight.
These types of headphones have a semi-open back design, so they are somewhat between closed back and open back type. With a low level of Impedance, these headphones are designed to work with different portable devices.
When we discuss the comfort of these headphones then although they feel little tight when you wear them for the first time, you can adjust the metal band over your head to reduce the pressure.
The Velar padded ear cups are quite comfortable so that you can wear them for a more extended period. The overall sound quality of this product is unmatched with the other products in the same price range.
- Highly comfortable due to self-adjusting headband
- Excellent for playback and sound mixing
- Can be used for long hours without getting fatigued
- Includes 1/4 and 1/8 gold plated cable jack adopter
- The cable needs to be sturdier
8. AKG K 240 MK II – Stereo Studio Headphones
They are professionally designed semi-open headphone used for a long time in studios, stage and orchestras all around the world.
Although the headphones are made up of average quality material they still feel sturdy and durable.
They are available with two cords which are 3 meters and 5 M long and easily interchangeable. All the large in shape but they are surprisingly lightweight to use in long working hours.
The Comfort increases with better quality ear pads which are softer than before. The overall sound performance is as smooth as Natural.
- Self-adjusting headband with more comfort
- Semi open design with circumaural ear pads
- Excellently works in noisy environment with impedance of 55 ohms
- Sound may leak due to semi open design
9. Philips SHP9500 – HiFi Precision Stereo Over Ear Headphones
If you are looking for perfectly design headphones for everyday use such as music gaming movies and other indoor activity, then Philips SHP9500 is the best choice for you.
They are sturdy and lightweight despite their large size. The Steel made headband holds the two cups firmly in their place. The high Precision speaker drivers are designed to convey hi-Fi sound with this frequency range.
Thanks to the extremely comfortable headband which is made up of durable soft padding to give you even force distribution with a slight self-adjustment. It is one of the decent headphones in such a good budget range which delivers smooth and accurate sound.
- Highly convenient and affordable
- Open soundstage with accurate imaging
- The cable is detachable
- Pads of these headphones are somewhat shallow
10. Superlux HD668B – Dynamic Semi Open Headphones
Superlux HD6688 is one of the super affordable, lightweight semi-open-back headphones to buy in 2019. The ear cups are softly padded with sophisticated headband design which provides excellent comfort to your ears.
These are exceptional and compatible with all musical devices with two cables supporting the earpieces.
Although vinyl is not as cool as velour they make the headphone stable and lightweight at the same time. They produce a dynamic sound with an impedance of 56 Ohm.
- They are highly affordable
- Produce balanced sound
- Dynamic design with detachable cables
- The material of these headphones is plastic.
11. HIFIMAN HE-400I Over Ear – Full Size Planar Magnetic Headphones
If you are looking for a high-performance headphones for your home or Studio usage then HIFIMAN HE-400I can be the best choice for you. It is an updated model of HE 400 which was usually a successful brand in history.
These fancy looking open back headphones have large ear cups which are exceptionally padded to give you long-lasting comfort. A combination of velour and Leather will make your ears cool and comfortable.
With a good headband design, the weight is evenly distributed to ensure uniform extension.
There is a 1.5m cord with gold plated 3.5mm connectors which are Y shaped and detachable. Thanks to the magnetic drivers that sound quality has been improved from its predecessor.
- Available in latest design with a detachable cable
- Produce strong bass
- The sound quality is fantastic
- The cable length is a bit short
12. Sennheiser HD 579 – Open Back Headphone:
The Sennheiser HD 579 Open Back Headphones are classy, portable and surprisingly musical that is meant for public display because of their exceptional design.
These headphones look like HD 598, but they are cool because of their grey color and large ear cups. The wide headband can comfortably fit with the help of a clamp.
These headphones come with detachable cable and 10 feet long cord which is easily replaceable. The sound quality is smooth and revealing with punchy bass.
They produce an impedance of 50 ohms and a frequency response between 15- 28,000 Hz.
- Aesthetically pleasing headphones with a good bass
- Extremely comfortable for long duration
- The cable is detachable
- Cable length a bit too long for mobile use
Many people around us compromise on price at the cost of quality. However, now you don’t need to do any comprises on quality because my detailed list of good quality open back headphones under 200 must have open up your mind regarding the open type headphones. Do share your feedback about the above listed headphones.