Indeed, you are here to know why Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by the PS4. We know it is frustrating when you cannot hear the sound in the game clearly.
You have to get devices that are compatible with the ps4. Though there are some alternative methods that we will tell you in this guide to connect the Bluetooth headphone with ps4. Let’s find out!
- What Is The Reason Behind Bluetooth Audio Devices Are Not Supported By The Ps4 Console?
- FAQ’s About PS4
- To Sum Up
What Is The Reason Behind Bluetooth Audio Devices Are Not Supported By The Ps4 Console?
Sony says that Ps4 is not having a Bluetooth connection because the users would not hear the sounds clearly. Therefore, the ps4 manufacturers did not add the Bluetooth feature to it. You will have the A2 DP that means advanced audio distribution of the profile. Plus, there would be the transmission of stereo audio quality with the p4.
There are other reasons as well, which is why ps4 does not have a Bluetooth connection. But if you want to use the Bluetooth headset still with the ps4, you can use the third part connections. For instance, you can use the following methods.
How To Connect PS4 With Compatible Bluetooth Device?
There are a few headphones that you can connect with the ps4 easily. The compatible devices with the ps4 will create no hassle. But you have to try some alternative options if you will connect the ps4 with Bluetooth devices.
Surely, the Bluetooth devices are compatible only if you are attaching a third-party device with them. You can connect the Bluetooth device with the ps4 by these steps:
- The first step for pairing the Bluetooth device is by turning on the headphones.
- You have to choose the settings of the ps4, and you have to open the settings page. The device will be selected easily when it is in the pairing mode.
- After opening the page for pairing, you have to choose the desired pairing headphone from the list.
- The Bluetooth headphones will be connectible easily, and you can enjoy games easily.
If you cannot connect the Bluetooth device with this method, you can try the other two methods that we will discuss below.
How To Connect The PS4 To The Bluetooth Headphones Using The USB Adapter?
The headphones that are having Bluetooth connections will be attachable with ps4 only. You have to get compatibility with the third-party applications. You have to choose an adapter that is compatible with ps4. You will have several methods to use the adapter with ps4.
However, the USB adapter will let you attach various Bluetooth devices but not at once. So you have to use the adapter separately if you want to attach multiple devices.
Follow these steps if you want to connect ps4 with the Bluetooth headphones while using the USB adapter.
- Firstly, you have to insert the USB adapter with play station 4 with the USB slot.
- Now you can turn on the Bluetooth headset.
- Choose the ps4 settings option.
- You can choose the options from the settings from ps4 from the menu bar.
- It will be simple to select the Bluetooth audio devices with the ps4 if you have opened the menu bar.
- Now you can scroll down from the menu bar, and it will show you the devices that are connectible with one click.
- Moreover, you have to click on the Bluetooth audio devices.
- While choosing the output device option, you have to click on the desired Bluetooth option.
- Now you can click on the USB headset.
- You can easily connect the headphone while using the volume controller. You can make the sound high or low.
- You have to choose the option of output headphones.
- Now click on the all audio option.
- You will see all the types of audio devices that are acceptable with ps4.
- You can connect the ps4 device with the headphone by testing the audio.
How To Connect Ps4 With Bluetooth Headphones Using Audio Cable?
You have to connect ps4 with the audio cable by the steps we are going to tell you here. The audio cables are available at the shops, or you can get them online.
- The Bluetooth headphones come with an inbuilt mic, and you will have an audio cable as well.
- You can easily connect the headset with one button, and it will let you turn on the headphone.
- Now you have to choose the ps4 controller setting options.
- You can click on the device options easily.
- Plus, you will get the Bluetooth device option from the device page.
- There will be several names on the list, and you have to choose one from it.
- You can click on the output device and then choose the headset connection controller.
- Plus, you can increase the sound from the volume controller to check if the devices are paired or not.
- Now you can choose the headphone option from the output.
- Click on the audio thing.
- You can play ps4 games easily and check if the audio is working correctly on the headphones with the Bluetooth connection or not.
Does PS4 Console Have Bluetooth Connection?
No, unfortunately, there is no Bluetooth connection with the PS4 console. You will have a lot of capabilities with the Ps4. However, many users are dissatisfied with the ps4 console because it does not support the Bluetooth connection.
You will have a certain type of device to use with the Ps4. You will not be able to connect the audio devices with the Ps4. Now you have the Bluetooth connection to enter the ps4 by the dual shock controllers. Plus, you will have a built-in share button.
There are several headphones in the market for gaming, but all of them are not compatible with the ps4. In addition, you will have the next level of experience with the wired connection of headphones with ps4. Therefore, you have to carefully choose a headphone that comes with a built-in mic.
You will have great performance overall with the good quality headphone. The multiple-player option will be good as well with the Ps4 if you are using a high-quality headset. All the headphones that are compatible with Ps4 will be providing you a good option for playing your most favorite games.
On the other side, you will have ps4 USB support, and you can use a Bluetooth adapter to connect the Bluetooth devices with the ps4. Apart from that, you will have a USB Bluetooth adapter for connecting the other devices with the USB dongle.
However, there are some headphones with a wired connection that does not support gaming consoles, including PS4. Hence, you have to check the compatibility of headphones before buying them.
Hopefully, you find our methods helpful for connecting the Bluetooth devices with the ps4 console.
FAQ’s About PS4
Why Are The Bluetooth Audio Devices Not Having Complete Support By Ps4?
The play station four does not have complete support from ps4. You will have an advanced audio distribution of the profile with a wired connection. You know that wired headphones have better audio quality than Bluetooth headphones.
In addition, you have to avoid the poor audio experience while gaming to increase your chances of winning. The audio profiles will have 100 ms+ lagging in the audio. It will be annoying to hear the sound effects that are occurring with delay.
Is It Necessary To Get Gaming Headphones?
No, it is not necessary to get gaming headphones if you are not a serious gamer. For instance, you will have gaming headphones in the market at a higher price tag.
Plus, you should buy headphones that are great for gaming so you can hear the sounds perfectly. Finally, you will find decent headphone pairs in the market easily connectible with the PS4 with or without an adapter.
How To Use Bluetooth Headphones With The Console Of PS4?
The Bluetooth headphones with the console of Ps4 will be providing a great audio profile. You will hear the tones with utmost clarity.
Is It Possible For Me To Use The Airpods On The PS4?
The AirPods are not directly compatible with the ps4. You have to use third-party applications to connect the AirPods with the play station 4. In fact, the good thing is that you can connect several Bluetooth speakers and other wireless devices with the 3rd party devices.
To Sum Up
All in all, you know now which methods that you need to follow to connect the Bluetooth headphones with the ps4 connection. In addition, you will have the simplest connection with the headphone and ps4 by using the adapter. We would like to know which method you find most beneficial from our guide of Bluetooth audio devices that are not supported by the ps4.