One of the most common question is how to fix Bluetooth headphones when only one side works? This issue is quite frustrating, but you can solve it conveniently after reading this guide whether you have wireless headphones or earbuds.
However, it isn’t very pleasant when you can’t hear from the other side of the headphone. You will have the distortion in sound, too, if one side of the headphone is working. Without any delay, let’s find out the solutions for fixing the headphone’s sound.
Solutions: How To Fix Bluetooth Headphones When Only One Side Works?
Below we will share some convenient solutions that you can try to solve the one side issue of headphones.
- Check The Balance On Each Side Of The Headphone
You have to check that the sound is balanced on both sides of the headphone. Furthermore, check that the audio speakers have balanced settings as well. Sometimes only one side is tuned for delivering the sound. Make the sound balanced on the right and left side.
- Check Mono And Stereo Track
Check that the headphone has balanced mono and stereo settings. Ensure the track is playing in the mono or stereo sound settings.
Now check that the headphone has tuned the speaker’s settings, and it is playing sound from both ends.
- Turn Off Or On The Headphone
You can turn off the headphones for some time and then turn them on again for checking the sound level. The sound should be the same on both ends of the speakers of headphones. Also, fix this issue for avoiding the choppiness in the sound.
- Reconnect The Headphones
Try to disconnect the headphones from Bluetooth. Now turn on the headphones again and then connect them with your device. The device will be conveniently showing if you turn on the headphone for pairing it.
- Try With The Cord Of Sound
Note: This method is only for those headphones which have a dual connection.
You have to play any sound after using the sound cable of the headphone. Definitely, you will hear from the left and right sides in this way. However, if the headphone doesn’t have a wireless or wired connection, you can skip this method.
- Reset The Wireless Headphones
You have to reset the wireless headphones completely to check the sound from both ends. Furthermore, check if the headphones are compatible with the device which you’re using. Most of the headphones come with the complete reset option.
Now you can try any of the above methods for fixing the sound of your wireless headphones.
How To Fix The One Side Works Of Wired Headphones?
Below are the most straightforward solutions that you can try to fix the one side of wired headphones.
Check The Internal Connection Of Headphones
If the earbud’s internal connection doesn’t work, you have to check why the sound is coming from one side only. You have to check the headphones by the following steps:
- First, you have to remove the earcups, and you will need a screwdriver for that.
- Now see if there is any dirt or debris inside or not.
- Find the aux cable with is connected with the headphone. You have to twist the aux cable from that end side. However, the headphone’s unsecure connection will disturb the speakers, and you will be hearing sound from one side only.
- Now pack the headphones again once you have twisted the cable.
- Ensure that you don’t destroy any other component of headphones because they are very delicate.
You can pair the headphones and check if the headphone is working from both sides.
Check The Connection
You have to check the connection of earbuds before anything else. The most common cause of one side not working of the earbud is the poor connection. For instance, you have to check if the headphones have paired correctly.
Try to disconnect the headphones and pair them again. Don’t forget to check the earbuds with the device you are using. The smartphone should be compatible with the earbuds.
Other than that, you can pair the headphones with any other device to check if they’ll work or not. If you face the same issue with the other device, then it means you have some problem with the earbuds.
- Turn off both sides of the headphone and then connect it again.
- You have to wait for the PC, smartphone, speaker, or another device to pair completely before you play any track.
Sound Track Type
Sometimes when you play a certain kind of track, the headphone doesn’t produce sound from both sides. You might face the one side working issue with the headphone when you are playing music in high volume or soundtrack with a lot of basses.
Check the sound of the headphone by playing any other soundtrack. Whenever the mono tracks are playing, you can hear the sound from one side of the headphone.
You should not worry if the headphone is playing sound from one side for mono tracks. You need to check if the headphone settings are correct or not. The settings might be set for playing music from one end. Therefore, changing the settings will be the best solution for this issue.
Clean The Headphone Jack
When you are using wired headphones, notice that the headphones have a clean jack. If there is any dirt inside the jack, you can’t hear a clear sound. Also, the dirty jack will produce the sound from one end only. So you have to clean the jack of the headphone to have the clearest sound.
Cleaning the headphone jack is important, so they don’t affect the headphone port of your device. Use a cotton swab for cleaning the headphone jack and port. You have to plug in headphones when there is no dampness left inside the headphone jack and port.
Now you can check if both headphone sides are producing sound or not.
How Can I Fix The Bluetooth Connection Of Your Earbuds?
It is crucial to check if the Bluetooth connection is right while you are connecting the wireless earbuds. For having the most satisfying listening experience with the earbuds, you have to check that there aren’t any problems with the Bluetooth connection.
Audio Checking Of Your Earbuds
Are you still having the issue from one side of the earbuds while playing audio? Try to change the audio format of the earbuds and then play any track. You have to choose the right sound format for having clear audio from both ends of the headphone.
You might be thinking that the earbuds are old enough, so you cannot hear from one side. Sometimes there are other kinds of issues, and the disruptions can be avoided by checking the audio settings.
Resetting Of Wireless Earbuds
If the above solution didn’t work for your earbuds, you could reset the wireless earbuds. For instance, you have to check if the model you are using is having the option to reset it.
Only a few earbuds provide the option of resetting them completely. Thus, you can reset if your earbuds are having the option. For resetting the wireless earbuds, you can use the following steps:
- First and most important step is to turn off the earbuds that you need to reset.
- All earbuds do not have a similar functioning, and you have to check how they turn off ultimately. You can quickly press the power button if it has one to switch it off.
- You have to hold the shutoff button of your headphone for 10 seconds, so it resets in the meantime.
- However, if the headset doesn’t reset in this way, you can hold the volume buttons along with the power button for a few seconds.
- The headphone will stop working and reset.
- If still, you aren’t able to reset the headphone, then press the calling button while pressing other buttons for at least ten seconds.
- Some earbuds also have the play and pause button option you can use to reset the device.
To Sum Up
The Bluetooth headphones have electronic components in them, and you have to know the possible solutions for fixing the sound issues with your gear. However, there is a certain lifespan of wireless headphones, but you need to figure out the reason if it stops working before the specified time period.
You will have the convenient trouble shooting steps in our guide and check any method you feel can help repair the headphones. Most of the wireless earbuds users face this issue, but you can solve it conveniently by following our mentioned solutions. Good Luck!