Are you having trouble finding why the headphone jack only works when half plugged in? First, you have to check the reason behind it. However, the primary reason behind the headphone jack stop working when it’s fully plugged in is a dirty jack.
- Solution: Headphone Jack Only Works When Half Plugged In
- How To Fix Headphones From Producing Sound From One Side?
- 1. Try Another Pair Of Earphones
- 2. Restart The Device
- 3. Check The Settings
- How To Fix Damaged Wires?
- How To Fix Shorted Wires?
- How To Fix Broken-Down Wires Inside Earbuds?
- What to Do When Wireless Headphones Work From One Ear?
- How To Reset Bluetooth Headphones?
- Why Does The Left Earphone Not Working Properly?
- Some Ways To Extend The Lifespan of Earphones
Solution: Headphone Jack Only Works When Half Plugged In
You will have the headphone half plugged in issue due to its face card, or the problem can be in the jack of the laptop or any other device that you are plugging it. Therefore, you have to know how clean the headphone jack so it doesn’t get damaged. Similarly, you must play music and check if the headphone is working on the other device when you plug entirely it in.
This issue can occur due to the poor connection between the devices. You can use a small toothpick for cleaning the headphone jack. Or you have to use compressed air to clean the headphone jack. Now you can plug in the headphone to see if it is working while being wholly plugged in or not.
Also, several people ask why the headphone jack only works when pressed. The possible reason is that the headphone wires are damaged near the jack. Additionally, you will know why the headphone jack only produces sound from one side. So continue reading!
How To Fix Headphones From Producing Sound From One Side?
Before you throw away the old headphones, you need to try out some solutions. For instance, the repairing solutions will help you to save the cost of headphones.
Moreover, you will have a headphone like new. So check out these solutions to solve the sound issue for your headphone, laptop, or other devices.
1. Try Another Pair Of Earphones
You have to try out the other pair of earphones to see if they will work or not with the same device or not. Suppose the other earphones work, then your other headphones are faulty. You will have an issue with the functioning of the headphones if the jack is too old or faulty.
You have to check if the wires of the headphone are fine. You will see if the wires are placed correctly in the headphones or not. You can also check the audio settings to know if the headphones are working or not. The low volume can sometimes make the user in doubt that the headphone is faulty.
2. Restart The Device
You can restart the device to check if the headphones work correctly or not. You have to check if the issue is with the software of Bluetooth headphones or with the device you are connecting it with. What is more? You have to see if the headphone is playing sound from both sides or not. For instance, you have to check the audio settings.
3. Check The Settings
You have to check the settings of the headphone if the headphone is producing sound from one side only. The audio properties should not be on mono. For instance, you have to check the mono option from the headphone settings.
Besides, the voice levels of the headphone should be balanced for both earbuds. Further, you can check the sound by choosing the settings to form the sound icon. You have to check the balance option if the sound level is equal on both sides, then you have to check other issues.
How To Fix Damaged Wires?
You can fix the wires of headphones by the following steps:
- You can use a cutter to remove some plastic from the headphone jack. Also, remove the earphone jack plastic in some quantity which is near the cord.
- The headphone should be relocated, and they should not have broken wires.
- You have to cut out the broken wires.
- Now you can take off the plastic from the earbuds and cut it easily.
- After removing the plastic from the headphone cord, you have to cut the cord’s one end.
- Now you can briefly burn the insulated wire.
- You can use the match and burn off the insulation from the earphone jack.
- Ensure to connect the wires with the right section from the jack of the earphone.
- Now you can cover the new section and shrink the heat with electrical tape.
How To Fix Shorted Wires?
You can fix the shorted wires by the following method:
- You have to plug in the headphones on your device, open the video file, and check the sound.
- Now you can continue to bend the cord from half an inch and continue until the sound comes from both earbuds.
- You need to remove the headphone wire from both places if it is damaged.
- The remaining section of the earphone needs to be exposed. For instance, you have to slice both tips of the headphone wire and remove the layer of plastic from the wire.
- Now you need to separate the copper wire from the headphone and ensure that you are repairing the red color wire only. The blue and green wires of the headphone should be left separately.
- Now you can cut the wires that have insulation, and you have to twist the copper wires until they are combined altogether.
- You can use a lighter to burn the enamel from the tip of the wires of the headphone.
- Next up, you have to join the headphone by twisting the wires.
- You have to secure the wires with electrical tape.
- Now you have to look in the wires that are grounded and wrap them with electrical tape.
- Make sure that the wires are not touching the other wires.
- Put the tape on the new section.
How To Fix Broken-Down Wires Inside Earbuds?
You have to fix the broken down wires from the inner side of earbuds with the help of a screwdriver. For instance, you have to detach the lever of the earbuds from the front, and now you can open the headphones from the ear tip.
You do not need to pull the case any further. You will have the option of ripping the wires by the front case. Now push up the cord, and you will have the most straightforward option to push the cord up with upper housing.
In fact, you can shove the case from the front and expose some of the inner components. Now you can resolder the wires and let them cool for some time. Now you can test the headphone.
What to Do When Wireless Headphones Work From One Ear?
The wireless headphones will let you save from the messy cords. Likewise, you can choose the option to prevent the cords from tangling up with each other. In addition, you can use the headphone to play from one side only. Also, you have three common issues below that will teach you how to solve the malfunctioning of the headphones.
How To Reset Bluetooth Headphones?
- You can press the power button of the Bluetooth headphones.
- Do not keep your hands off from the start button until the lights start on to flash up.
- You can follow some of the steps that will tell you how to reset the headphones.
- Now you have to connect the headphone again with another device.
Why Does The Left Earphone Not Working Properly?
You can reset the Bluetooth headphones. You have to check if the headphone is working correctly in the other device or not. Similarly, you have to check the headphone settings if they are set on the mono or phone. You can play the audio from the headphones by disabling some of the settings to solve this issue.
Some Ways To Extend The Lifespan of Earphones
If you are going to buy headphones of the right quality, they should last for a long time. However, you can make the headphone last longer by taking care of them. Furthermore, check the ports in which you are plugging the headphone. You should choose the solution for fixing the one ear headphone if you have issues with the sound from one side only.
We told you the tips to teach you how to fix the headphone jack that only works when half plugged. Best of all, you can save money because these fixing methods can occur at home. You will have the best options for reducing electronic wastes. You can enjoy music again with your same old headphones by fixing their jack.
That’s all! You saw some ways to extend the lifespan of the earphones by choosing the correct solution from our guide. So did you find our guide helpful? You will have all the tips and tricks in this guide applicable to your headphone easily at home.
Share other tips on how to fix the headphone sound if you know any. Thanks for the read!