PS3 is the successor of PS 2 for using it on a large screen; we have to connect it to the laptop, so must practice how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3? A laptop, tv can be connected to the PS3 in many ways.
Here is a complete guide on how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3 by using HDMI input, by inserting a cable card, a comprehensive method of sharing the file for the connection, and other methods are discussed.
How To Use Laptop As A Monitor For PS3
PS3 stands for play station 3 and is used to play video games of all kinds. We can connect it to our tv, laptop for using their screen as a monitor for PS3. There are many ways by which we can connect our PC, TVs, and laptops to PS3.
Here have discussed a few methods to clear confusion about how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3.Let discuss them one by one.
The easiest and best way to use the laptop as a monitor for PS3 is by using HDMI input. Most laptops have an HDMI output that can send signals. To connect your laptop with play station 3, you must have HDMI input that can receive external source signals.
It is very rare to have a laptop with HDMI input. You can check whether your laptop has HDMI input by reading its box or the manual present in its packing. That manual has complete information about all kinds of ports.
You only require a laptop, play station 3, and HDMI cable to use the laptop as a monitor for PS3. The process is discussed below step by step
- Take an HDMI cable,
- connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input slot of the laptop.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the console output of the PS3.
- When connected, the menu of PS3 will appear on your laptop screen.
- Open the console software on your laptop.
- Choose the game you like, play, and enjoy it.
You have to keep it connected during the whole game, disconnection will stop the game on your laptop, but you can remove the HDMI cable after you have played.
Using An External Video Device
If your laptop does not have HDMI input, and you are worried about how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3, then I have an easy solution for you.
You can use youse an external video device. An external video device is a box that has many outputs, input slots. This video capture device act as the bridge between PlayStation 3 and the laptop.
For this method, you need an HDMI cable and a high-quality video capture device, a PS3, and a laptop. You can easily buy any video capture device online from amazon and other online stores at a reasonable price.
Follow these steps for making a connection among play station3, laptop, and video device.
- Take an HDMI cable
- Plug its one end in the PS3 console output.
- Now plug the other end in the input of the video device.
- In the end, connect the external video device to the laptop via Bluetooth.
- Open the play station 3 menu on your laptop.
- Select the game and start it.
- Now your laptop is acting as a monitor for PS3, so enjoy.
By File Sharing
If you don’t want to connect so many wires, then there is a wireless process by which you can use the laptop as a monitor for PS3. This is by using a common router for connecting both devices. Further, the guideline is below
- Firstly, Go to the internet setting of your PS3.
- Then connect your device through the internet by wireless connection.
- If a password is required, then type the password.
But if your PS does not support a wireless connection, you will have to use the Ethernet cable, Bluetooth cable for transferring files. The complete process is given below
- Connect both the PS 3 console and laptop to the same router by cable ethernet if your PS3 does not have a wi-fi program.
- You can also connect both devices by using a Bluetooth cable.
- Make sure the USB slot is like a slot PS3 uses for gaming controllers.
- Afte connecion transfer files
- Now open the files of your console on the laptop.
- So open games, play them, and have fun.
Using a Capture Card
The other method for learning how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3 is to buy a capture card. But one thing you have to keep in mind is that you have to respond very quickly; otherwise, there will be latency, and some games will not be played on it.
However, the capture card is very costly. A better option can be to buy a laptop with HDMI input for using the laptop as a monitor for PlayStation 3. But you already have a capture card, then follow these steps
You need an external video capture card, CD- ROM, RCA composite cable, connecting your PS3 to the laptop for using its large screen for gaming.
Follow the given steps for using the capture card
- Take an external video capture card.
- Insert it in your laptop
- Insert CD-ROM in your hard disk drive.
- Install software for identifying drivers of games and also install video editing/viewing application.
- Now connect your capture card to the PS 3 with an RCA composite cable of the console of PS3.
- Now open the video application
- Turn the console on to see its options on the screen
- Now click the option of full screen to play games on the large screen.
By Internet Via FTP
This transferring files method is difficult, but if you don,t have HDMI input and the capture card is not affordable for you, you can use it to enjoy gaming on a large screen.
If you wanted to buy a capture card just for using the laptop as a monitor for your PS3, it is not a good option because capture cards are expensive.
Before using this method, make sure that the firmware is cracked. The steps of these methods are given below.
- For using this method, you need software for both console and laptop. Hence install the FTP serve on your console; when you activate this program, you will get remote access to the files.
- Similarly, on your computer, install FTP client to get remote access to the files.
- Go to the setting, then go to the internet setting and select the internet connection setting. Connect to the internet, whether through wireless or wired service of the internet.
- Enter the password, and on the joystick, click the cross-test connection, and as a result, the IP address will be assigned automatically to the game console.
- Go through all points that have been assigned to the game console.
- Open list of setting and connection status
- Then again, write the IP address, mask, gateway, and DNS server.
- Go to the application on the console that is specified for activating the launch of the FTP server.
- Then open the FTP client on the computer and write the device’s IP address and connect it.
- Transfer the necessary files, and now you can disconnect the device.
Frequently Asked Question’s
Is it Possible To Use the Laptop As a Monitor For PS 4?
Yes, it is possible to use the laptop as a monitor for PS 4 but make sure your computer has HMI INPT and all HDMI features.
How Do I Know if My Laptop is HDMI Input Or Output?
Just search your laptop model on the search engine. Under the Specs heading, all special features and HDMI, whether input or output, will be mentioned.
Do All Laptops Have HDMI Ports?
HDMI stands for a high definition multimedia interface present in all laptops launching in the market for the recent 50 years. These ports are thinner and longer than the USB ports.
Firstly I have discussed the process of connecting PS 3 to the laptop to use it as the monitor step by step. But this method works for those laptops having HDMI input.
People worry about how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3 that doesn’t have HDMI input. I have discussed other methods, for example, by using a video capture device, capture cards, and different file transferring methods to give complete information to the people about how to use laptop as a monitor for PS3.
I have discussed each method step by step. I hope so my review has created ease for you, and now you don’t have any query and issue in connecting your PS3 to the laptop.
Also Read :