Skullcandy earbuds have an inline or built-in mic and have buttons on them. What is the role of these buttons? Can Skullcandy earbuds be used with a mic? If yes, then how to use Skullcandy earbuds with mic?
The whole process of pairing them with different devices like mobile phones, laptops, and computers is given. The quality of its mic, the position where we should keep the mic, and the use of its button are also discussed let us start!
How To Use Skullcandy Earbuds With Mic?
It is not difficult to use Skullcandy earbuds with a mic. Wire earbuds have inline microphones that are omnidirectional thus, they can receive signals from all directions, but you just have to keep the mic near your mouth.
The mic is made of high-quality material and has high noise isolation, so it cancels all the background noise and let us enjoy your music without any disturbance.
Guideline on how to use Skullcandy earbuds with mic, the process of pairing and controlling volume, calls, and music is given below
Wired Skullcandy Earbud
Follow the given steps
- Some models Skullcandy earbuds are wired, let them out of their case
- Wear both earbuds in your ears.
- Pair your skull candy earbuds with your mobile
- By pressing the button of your earbud active them for pairing mode
- Go the setting of your mobile phone,
- Now go to the setting of your Bluetooth.
- Turn the Bluetooth on.
- Scan for available devices
- Select your earbuds and pair them with them
- Set the earbuds such that their mic comes near your mouth.
- So when you speak, your clear voice is transferred to other persons.
- Earbuds have a button on them
- By pressing those buttons, you can increase, decrease the volume. For increasing volume, please press the button with the plus sign on it. For decreasing volume, press the button with a minus sign on it.
- You can answer and reject the call by pressing the button present on its mic or separately.
- Similarly, if you want to mute the music, then press the button music will be stopped.
- You can also jump to the next song by double pressing the button.
When you connect Skullcandy earbuds for the first time with your device and start using it mic, then mobile ask for permission, and a notification pops up on your screen. Then choose the option of allow.
In this way, you give your mobile mic access, and then Skullcandy earbuds can use it for transferring and recording your voice.
If your earbud is wireless, then the whole process will remain the same, charge them in their case, and when the battery is full, let them out of their casing carefully, you have to use your both hands for letting them out of their case
Now insert both earbuds in your ears, and you can connect them with your mobile phone, mp 3, laptop.
The mic of wireless earbuds is inserted in the earbuds hence you do not have to keep it fixed at its place. Moreover, their noise isolation is also excellent, and it completely filters all noise
Simply follow these steps for paring your earbuds with other things
- Get ready your earbuds for pairing mode by pressing their button
- Then go to the setting of your mobile phone.
- Now scan for available device
- In the given list, your earbuds will appear.
- Select them and pair them with them
Their mic is inserted in the earbud instead of in the wire, and there is a button on its back that can be pressed for performing different tasks, by pressing the button for once, you will mute the volume. If you want to listen to music again, press the button to start the music.
And, if you press the buttons two times, then one song will be skipped, and another song will play. If you want to go to the previous music, then click the button three times.
If a call is coming, then tap on any wireless earbuds call will be received and if you want to decline the call, then double-tap the wireless earbuds, similarly for ignoring a call double-tap on either earbud.
In most cases people failed to use the mic with computer and laptops, this can be due to many reasons, sometimes you mic driver need to be updated, or it is not even installed
How To Install Mic
It is essential to learn how to install a microphone on the computer for learning how to use Skullcandy earbuds with a mic. It is not difficult to establish a mic in your laptops, simply follow the given steps
- Find out the option of volume icon in the taskbar.
- Now select recording devices.
- In the recording tab, there will be two options recording devices and microphones.
- Select the option as per your required setup.
- Select configure now
- Now choose setup microphone.
- Now follow all steps of the microphone setup wizard.
You should also try recording an audio troubleshooter if you do not want to install the microphone driver on your laptop, computer, etc
- Press window key and 1 option simultaneously.
- Now click ‘update and security.’
- Now choose to troubleshoot on the left-hand plane.
- Search recording audio and click run on the troubleshooter
After trying all these methods, connect your earbuds with mobile and start recording your voice. If you want to check if your mic is working or not, then follow these steps
- In the taskbar, search the volume icon and left-click on it.
- Select recording devices
- Now, if the green lines that are moving up and down are present, then it means that your mic is working. But if there are no green lines in the recording tab, it means that the mic has not set up still, thus seeking an expert’s help.
Make sure you keep your earbud mesh neat and clean because, due to wax accumulation, it gets dirty; thus, we can not hear the high volume. Further, the dirty mesh also causes serious ear infections.
The mic also gets dirty due to dust so make sure you clean it with a small brush carefully and remove dirt. Take a warm towel and dip it in the soap solution. Now rub it gently on your mic till it cleans
Now take a dry piece of cloth and remove all the soap solution. Let it dry, do not use it when it is wet.
If it is very dirty then take a cotton swab and dip it in hydrogen peroxide and alcohol solution. It will remove all the stubborn stains from it, and you can use this solution to clean all parts of your earbuds and their wire.
Frequently Asked Question’s
You must have many queries in your mind relating to how to use Skullcandy earbuds with a mic. Few most common questions are answered below
Do all Earbuds Have a Mic?
No, all earbuds do not have the mic, few earbuds mic have an inline mic, and few have the mic in their earbuds. Apple AirPods, Jabra elite, set skull candy earbuds, and man, others have the mic in them.
Is Skullcandy Better Than Beats?
Beats can’t be compared with Skullcandy because Skullcandy produces excellent sound, and their price is less than beats. So, yes, Skullcandy earbuds are better than beats.
Why Can’t My Headphone Work When I Connect them?
Sometimes due to wax accumulation, the mesh of earbuds gets dirty and stops working. When earbuds fall down, they get mage and break down, so use them with care.
Best Skullcandy Earbuds
A wide variety of Skullcandy earbuds is present in the market, and all have durable material, affordable prices, and high music quality.
Jabra elite is the famous Skullcandy earbuds. They have a very comfortable structure and remain fixed in their position when we move or run. It has active noise canceling, so you hear clear music by completely isolating yourself from environmental noise.
Their battery life is 24 hours, which is worth praising, their case has sturdy material, and compact size can be placed in the pocket easily. These are compatible with Siri, Alexa, and google.
It has 4 built-in microphones that use modern technology and transfer distortion-free sound.
I hope so now you have complete command on connecting your earbuds with mobile, and you know how to use Skullcandy earbuds with a mic. The inline mic needs to be kept near the mouth at any angle because it is omnidirectional.
We have to press the button to control different things like attending the call, press the button once, and reject the call button twice. Similarly, twice press the button for moving to the next song. Thank You for visiting us!
Dont Miss Out: