You must know how to use earbuds as a mic on pc for attending meetings or recording music. Basically, there are two kinds of connectors like USB or a mini plug. Suppose you have to attend an important meeting, and your mic doesn’t send sound to the other end. Won’t it be frustrating?
To avoid inconvenience, we’ll tell you how you can set the mic on pc of your earbuds.
Continue reading to find out much more about the earbuds and headphones’ connection with pc.
How To Use Earbuds As A Mic On Pc For Talking Or Recording Songs
If you have earbuds with a wired connection, then plug them in the USB connector. The PC will give a notification if the earbuds are plugged incorrectly. Plus, you need to check if the headphones are connected or not by checking the notification in the right corner of your desktop.
Earbuds Vs Earphones
Let’s clear the confusion between earbuds and earphones if you have earbuds than it doesn’t have any cushioning for the ear canal. Furthermore, you will have to cushion with the earphones, and it will provide a built-in microphone.
Uses And Types Of Earphones
- Bluetooth earphones
- TWS earbuds
- In-ear earphones for playing games and listening to phone calls or music.
Headphone Vs Microphone
A mic consists of special sound waves, and you will have the transfer of sound signals for sending the voice on the other end. But the headphone comes with the speakers, and you will have a conversion of sound signals to electric ones.
Differences Between Headset, Earphones, And Headphones Sound Delivery
Headsets, earphones, and headphones have a dissimilar way of sound delivery.
- Headphones come with the stereo sound, and they are ideally made for gamers and listening to music. And that’s not all, and you will have the noise cancelation technology with most of the headphones.
- The headsets are convenient to connect with PC, and you can use them for listening to the meetings while keeping the hands free. You will find the headsets in the customer care services.
- The earphones have tiny speakers that will conveniently fit in the ears and hangs over.
Earbuds For Recording Sounds
The headsets have a diaphragm, and it will vibrate while producing the sound. You will have the transfer of sound into electric signals for transferring it on the other side. Furthermore, the headsets are made to reconvert the signals into amplified songs. Due to that reason, you can easily speak, and it records the voice.
Similarity Between Earphones And Earbuds
There is a similarity between the earphones and earbuds. Both have the 3.5 mm band 4 TRRS connection. The connectors include 3 insulators, and one has mic input. One band includes the stereo output for recording the sound.
However, if the earphone doesn’t have a mic, you have to attach a separate connector with the PC, and you will have the 3.5mm connectors easily available in the market. Try to speak loudly while testing the mic of headphones so the PC can pick up the voice easily.
Use Earbuds Mic On Pc
The earbuds work like a mic on the pc for producing the audio. You will have to do some settings on the PC. Firstly, you have to select the sound control panel and then manage the audio devices for recording the sound press the option of recording on the microphone.
You have to tap for some time on the option of earphones, so the green bar is turned on. Now you can easily record the sound in this way, and the headset will pick up your noise. Ensure that you are using the headset when the mic is in working mode.
After that, find the default button option, and you are ready for using the earphones as an instrument of a microphone.
Adjust The Mic’s Sound
For adjusting the sound level on the mic, you have to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to choose the sound from the settings of the mic.
- Click on the mic sound levels.
- Try to move the microphone boost option from the slider.
- Now you can move the sound too loud from the right.
- Please do not set the sound level too high because it will make the sound clipped.
Speak and Listen
You can speak some lines to listen to your sound from the mic. However, plug the earphones in the mic port, and it will work in the same way because the settings are changed.
Choose the Bluetooth connection if your earbuds or headphones have it. However, the Bluetooth connection is ideal for the latency in sound level to use with the mobiles. You can use the mic on the PC for listening and speaking at the same time.
Get An Adapter
Some of the laptops do not have the headphone jack for input and output devices. Choose the jack which has an affordable price. Nowadays, headphone adapters are available for 6 dollars. With the help of an adapter, you can easily split the signals.
The headphone comes with two ports, and you will have the pink one for recording the sound, and the green port is for the speakers. Having the most reliable connection for your earbuds with the mic is by purchasing the USB sound card, and you will have the combined ports with some of the PCs.
Do you want to create a karaoke sound? You have to choose the microphone of the PC as a speaker. The sound will create the amplifying presentation, and you will have the best external source of recording sound. It is crucial that you choose the external source if there is no other option for using the earbuds as a mic on your pc. Follow the method given below for using the mic on Windows 8.
- You have to open the utility menu and then press the windows X option. You can now select the control panel option and choose it as an alternative from the control panel and save the settings.
- Click on the hardware option and press the sound option. You will find the tab of recording, and it will show the notification on the desktop. Now you can record the sound from any earphones but make sure to follow the below steps.
- By clicking on the microphone, you can open the tab of listening and then record some sound. The listening tab should have a green color, and then it will record any sound easily. However, if the listening tab does not show the green color, it means the sound is not recording. You have to enable the sound recording to make the listening tab in green.
- For enabling the listening tab, right-click on the disabled devices.
- Now, if you want to test, try to listen to sound from the speaker instead of applying now. Also, record the sound from playback settings and then click on the drop down option. From the menu, click on apply now settings for saving the settings.
Setting The Earbuds On Windows 10
You have to choose the settings on windows 10 for using the earbuds as a mic.
- You will have the 3.5mm jack on the laptop, and sometimes the Pc comes with the two ports in green and pink color.
- The pink color port is for recording the sound, and the green one is for the speakers.
- You can choose the USB powered headset for having the inline amps and other controlling options.
- Choose between the Bluetooth and wireless headphone cables.
The sound card which is present on the CPU is present for improving the sound quality. You can change the settings for making the sound better than before.
- You have to click on the sound icon from the taskbar, which will be on the left side.
- Now you have to click on the drop-down menu and choose the sound device.
- Choose your headset.
- Find the option of media on your PC.
Try to test the mic and see if you can hear your voice.
Try To Record Your Voice
- You can record your voice by clicking on the right side of the sound icon.
- Choose your mic as a default headset option.
- From the control panel on the right side, you can choose the recording tab option.
- Choose the option of the mic
- Now open properties.
- Click on the tab levels.
- Now adjust how much volume is needed.
Troubleshooting Earbuds Issues On PC
You have to choose the right port for plugging in the headphone and then check if the mic is working or not. Other than that, you can reinstall the sound drivers for the device manager. Besides, you will have the option of reboot the PC to connect the earbuds again.
Ensure that the earbuds are not mute. Lastly, you can try to use any other earbuds with your pc if it is not working as a mic.
Thank You For Visiting